Plastic Form Customer Service
- How long are Poly Meta Forms?
- What sizes are available?
- How tight of a radius can I turn with Poly Meta Forms?
- Will my forms kink if I bend them to tight?
- Will my forms crack if I hit them in cold weather?
- Is it necessary to spray forms with a form release or oil?
- What if concrete gets in the channels of the forms?
- How do I connect my forms together?
- Can I have dowel holes put in my Poly Forms?
- What type of finishing equipment can I use with on my Poly Forms?
- How are corners achieved using Poly Forms?
- How do I connect my Poly Forms to wood?
- How high can I stack Poly Meta Forms?
- How often do I have to stake Poly Meta Forms?
- What diameter stakes can I use?
- Can I use my radius forms for straight work?
- Will my flexible forms go back to straight after I bend them on them on the job?
- What if I have a large, gradual radius to form?
- Can I achieve a layback or batter in the face of curb when using the overhead hanger curb and gutter system?
- How do I clean my forms properly?
- How are Poly Meta Forms sold and shipped?
- How are Poly Meta Forms stake pockets sold and shipped?
- How many stake pockets are required per form?
- Can I order direct? How can I get a quote?
- How much does a single Poly Meta Form weight?
- What happens if my end connection breaks?
- How should I locate my pockets over a 12’ form when stacking forms?
- Why are Poly Meta Forms better than wood forms?
- How do I find my nearest Metal Forms dealer?
- What is the warranty on the Poly Meta Forms?
- Lead-time - How long will it take for me to receive my Poly Meta® Forms?
All forms are 12 ft in length. Poly Meta® Forms are sold by the box only. each box contains 10 forms (120l' per box).
Forms are available in 4” and 6” heights. Forms can be stacked using different combinations to achieve heights up to 18”.
4" straight - 4" flexible
6" straight - 6" flexible
Poly Meta Form radius forms can be bent to 3’ radius using the “stake as you go” method.
Yes, flex forms are designed for radii of 3 ft or more sing the “stake as you go” method. If forms are bent at one given point they can kink.
Poly Meta Forms are made of high density polyethylene (HDPE). Unlike forms constructed of PVC, Poly Forms will not crack in cold working conditions. However, extreme changes in temperature may result in the forms expanding or contracting. As such, joints may separate if set and temperatures change over night.
It is recommended that a quality form release is used each time the forms are being used.
Use the slide pocket to help remove any residual concrete that might get trapped in the channels.
All Poly Forms come with end connections already secured in them to provide fast and accurate alignment.
Putting dowel holes in Poly Forms will compromise the structural integrity of the forms. If your project requires dowels our steel forming system can accommodate your needs.
Poly Meta Forms are designed primarily for use in hand strike-off and wet screeding applications. The use of truss screeds is not recommended.
Some contractors elect to modify some of their forms for corners. Notching them out or saw cutting one face is one method for making 90 degree corners.
Use the slide pocket with one half of the pocket inserted in the channel of the Poly Forms and the other half securely nailed or screwed to lumber.
18” is the maximum recommend height
It is recommended that you stake the forms every 3 ft. However, when using flexible radius forms on gradual radii, more stakes may be required.
Poly Meta Form stake pockets are designed for use with ¾” and 7/8” stakes. There are some “economy” ¾” stakes available which are undersized and will not securely lock in the stake pockets.
Poly Meta Form flexible radius forms are not recommended for use on straight applications. Doing so will result in a wavy finished edge of slab.
Flexible radius forms will go back to straight once they are stripped and put on a flat surface.
The use of radius form inserts is recommended for radii of 30’-70’.
A layback or batter of 0”-2” can be achieved using the overhead hanger system when forming straight work. However, when forming radius work, only a vertical face or curb can be achieved.
Click here to watch a video on how to properly clean your forms.
Poly Meta Forms are sold and shipped in boxes of ten (10 x 12’ forms = 120l') regardless of the size.
- Stake pockets are sold in 5 gallon plastic buckets that have quantity of either thirty twist pockets or fifteen slide pockets. Typically one bucket of each style of pocket is required per box of ten forms.
Three twist pockets and one slide pocket minimum are recommended per 12’ form.
Orders must be placed through your local dealer of contractor supplies. Click HERE to find your nearest dealer.
- See below for various form weights:
- 4” Flexible: 0.5 lbs. per foot
- 4” Straight: 1.0 lbs. per foot
- 6” Flexible: 0.75 lbs. per foot
- 6” Straight: 1.25 lbs. per foot
Replacement end connection kits are available and can be purchased from your local dealer. Click HERE to find your nearest dealer.
Pockets should be evenly spaced (3’ apart) over 12’ with slide pockets located over the form joint.
Poly Meta Forms are moisture resistant, lightweight, reusable, easy to clean, and will not warp or twist. Poly Meta Forms can also be set in half the time it takes to set wood forms.
Click HERE to find your nearest Metal Forms dealer.
Click HERE for Metal Forms warranty information.